Coat with leather details
THEO founders: Theo Dekan & Oksana Denis
THEO is a conceptual brand of fashionable women’s clothing consistent from the beginning of its creation and very first collection.
The concept is that, as part of the brand, THEO develops three main areas:
#ironic - feminine ironically plus bright colors;
#straight - concise, based on the male silhouette images with elements of deconstruction;
#eccentric - intriguing and bold images for the evening.
The launch of THEO as a Ukrainian based women’s wear fashion brand in 2014 was just inevitable.
Because of brilliant Theo Dekan, a popular Ukrainian stylist and showman, a person of extreme artistic potential he has been successfully applying for more than 17 years in everything he ever touches. Starting his career as a barber he became a creative partner of L’oréal Professionnel and Kérastase and invented his own method of hair coloring, introduced in 15 countries. Theo participated in numerous reality shows as a TV host and headliner expert.
Constantly working as a stylist, musician, artist, photographer, being a trend-maker and a columnist for “Forbes”, "VOGUE", “Marie Claire” etc., Theo now intrigues and provokes with his high quality contemporary fashion.
Having just performed as a designer in winter 2014 and launched the brand with his business partner THEO CEO Oksana Denis, he appeared in "NOWFASHION" and on VOGUE RUNWAY with his summer collection. Mercedes-Benz Kyiv fashion days F/W 16-17 (Ukraine’s biannual international fashion week) campaign started with an extraordinary THEO white flower-like wrap dress on Alina Baikova, a famous model and the face of the new season.
Theo knows exactly what he wants and what to propose, so he participates in every stage of creation of every item produced by brand – from gorgeous patterned silk dresses to various accessories. Today wearing THEO mixed together with famous French couture brands has become a sign of distinguished elegancy among celebrities and many items are being sold directly from our showroom in Kyiv even before they are seen on runways.
Positive feedback THEO receives from local and international fashion bloggers and critics, welcome of new collections by VOGUE Ukraine, local editions of L'Officiel and Marie Claire give Theo Dekan and his team inspiration to thicken the plot of brand.
- 2014 – launch of THEO brand by Theo Dekan and Oksana Denis.
- 28th of March 2015 – a debut fall-winter 2015/16 collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Days in Kyiv immediately catches the public and professional critics’ attention. The collection was widely represented in media (nowfashion.com, vogue.ua, l’officiel-online.ua) and received a positive response from Tony Glenville and Hilary Alexander.
- March 2015 - THEO art project “THE SONG BOOK” in collaboration with a talented stylist and creative director Olga Yanul, model - Zen @ModelWerk, photographer - Arcin Sagdic.
- March 2015 - first appearance in glance media: Nadja Auermann wearing THEO debut collection lacquer jacket for VOGUE cover story.
- April 2015 – THEO showroom opening in Kyiv with a guest of honor - Carine Dobrotvorskaya, President and Editorial Director, Brand Development, of Condé Nast International.
- July 2015 – Mercedes-Benz S/S 16 advertising campaign with THEO white dress on Alina Baikova causes a hype in press.
- 5th of September 2015 – spring-summer 2016 collection presentation at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Days in Kyiv and at VOGUE.com Runway.
- September 2015 – Theo Dekan is chosen for a VOGUE article devoted to his successful change of profession.
- October 2015 – Kirsten Owen performed in THEO debut collection pants for VOGUE Ukraine.
- December 2015 - launch of THEO e-commerce project.
- January 2016 – VOGUE TALENTS (Italy) shooting.
- January 2016 – THEO pre-fall 2016 presentation at More Dash showroom in Paris.
- February 2016 – THEO presents fall-winter 2016/17 collection at MBKFD and gets on pages of world fashion media (VOGUE.ua, VOGUE.com, VOGUE.it, VOGUE.ru, l'officiel-online.ua and others).
- May 2016 - THEObsession ART project by THEO brand unites artists from all fields and locations. Launch of the special collection of clothes created by Theo Dekan in frames of the project.
- June 2016 - Carmen Cass appears in VOGUE.ua editorial wearing THEO golden harness from FW'17 collection.
- July 2016 - presentation of Cruise 2017 collection on VOGUE.ua
- August 2016 - publications in Atlas Magazine and Cosmopolitan Ukraine.
- September 2016 - presentation of THEO Spring-Summer 2017 collection on the main catwalk of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Kiev. The collection appears on VOGUE Runway, VOGUE Ukraine, VOGUE Italy (twice), Vogue Russia, L'Officiel Ukraine.
- September 2016 - THEO presents its collections at la Rinascente Milano pop up store.
- September 2016 - a part of THEObsession ART project - new chapter of ART book called "Mayka" with Mayka Merino as a talent is presented on VOGUE Ukraine.
- September 2016 - presentation of Spring-Summer 2017 at Pitti Super 8 during Milano Fashion Week and at IMONI Showroom Paris during Paris Fashion Week.